Friday, November 5, 2010

and i thought this day would never come ..

I was on campus the other day and a girl was wearing these wonderful boots - slight heel, good shape, nice color, good quality. What really struck me was the fit and the shape. So I, being the big creep I am, casually walked closer to try and sneak a peek at the brand, printed on a metal tag on the back of her heel. As I got closer I furrowed my brow in confusion. "Can't be..." I thought. But it was.

On that tag read: Ugg.

Yes folks, it's happened. I found a pair of Uggs that I not only like, but love - the Ugg Amberlee from their Equestrian Collection. Take a look:

Now granted, it doesn't look like a traditional Ugg. THAT'S THE POINT, PEOPLE! Uggs don't HAVE to mean those big flat fuzzy things that people stick on their feet. Ugg is a brand, not a TYPE of shoe.

We need not be label whores! What you should be paying for is QUALITY, not the ability for someone to identify the brand of your purse from miles away. Get a Coach bag that doesn't have the Cs on it. Get a Louis Vuitton bag without the LVs on it. And get Uggs that don't look like "Uggs"!

..... UNFORTUNATELY, these lovely boots cost a hefty $275, and I'm a broke-ass college student who could barely afford her Panera lunch yesterday, so back to the drawing board, I guess.

2 comments:

Kazz said...

Those are actually really nice boots. I love just about any well made equestrian boots. I've been trying to find some new brown leather boots to no avail...I'm not a label-whore at all but--I do have label biases (won't buy anything Apple, Abercrombie/Hollister, Burberry, etc.). And this bias includes Uggs. Oh QU, what have you done to me? I guess seeing all these pre-packaged mannequins has made me indifferent to their "fashion." Does that make me a snob? Hm, well, in any case I'll be outlet hopping this winter. Sales will be my frenemies; making me feel good about saving money but I would be spending less if I bought nothing at all...Paradox of my life.

sara aniano said...

you go to qu ? sweet ! who are ya haha